Offering you nothing but the best of the best the exceptional five-star deluxe Ritz-Carlton, Abama and adult only Tagor Villas, Tenerife, has been awarded a third Michelin star, and is the only resort in Spain and the Canaries‘ to boast three Michelin stars for their restaurants. This prestigious star is the second to be awarded to the resort’s fantastic M.B. restaurant. The stunning Abama Kabuki restaurant serving Japanese fusion cuisine has also retained its star which was first awarded in 2012.
These awards further reinforce the resort’s exceptional gastronomic reputation. In the Michelin guide one star indicates a ‘very good restaurant in its category…A good place to stop on your journey’ and, two stars signifies ‘excellent cuisine, skilfully and carefully crafted dishes of outstanding quality. Worth a detour.’ Finally, three stars are awarded to restaurants offering exceptional cuisine ‘Worth a special journey.’
M.B. – ‘Excellent cuisine worth the detour’
Abama’s signature restaurant under the direction of the renowned Chef Martin Berasategui who has gained numerous Michelin stars in his restaurants, (a mere seven in total). Berasategui’s creative gourmet cuisine certainly sets the mark for those looking for something truly exceptional. The restaurant is led by Berasategui’s Executive, 32 year old, Chef Erlantz Gorostiza who is hailed as one of the world’s most innovative pastry chefs. Developing his own culinary style Gorostiza has added his own creative twists to the menu at M.B.
Abama Golf & Spa Resort, M.B. restaurant
With a deep passion for flavour and extensive knowledge of ingredients, Berasategui’s signature restaurant has recently launched the following dishes to the winter menu:
- Red prawn carpaccio seasoned with espelette pepper on a raifort tofu and a biscuit
- Truffle gelatin on a bed of smooth foie-gras cream with sweet and salty touch
- Emulsified raw fennel pearls in risotto
- Line-caught hake, served vichyssoise, truffle pearls and tomato fog
- Wild rabbit à la royale, on a bed of green cabbage, apple cores and perifollo root
- Wagyu loin tataki marinated in thyme and orange, iced powder of foie, served with silver skin onions and citric teriyaki sauce
- Barnyard egg yolk with herb carbonara, hints of beet, cheese and truffle
- Cold basil essence with lemon sorbet, frozen juniper and hints of toasted almonds
- Iced chocolate sponge hazelnut cake, coffee ice cream and frozen whisky.
Abama Kabuki – ‘A very good restaurant in its category’
The Japanese infusion concept under the direction of Executive Chef Daniel Franco was awarded its first star in the 2013 guide. Now for 2014 the restaurant has retained its award owing to the exceptional quality of the food and the skill of the chefs.
Abama Golf & Spa Resort, El Mirador pool
Boasting excellent amenities in an outstanding location the Ritz-Carlton, Abama is the perfect property for those looking for no compromise when it comes to luxury Tenerife holidays. From its award-winning spa to the unparalleled service offered its awards are well-deserved.